- National event
LAUNCHING IN APRIL!
READY TO DO SOMETHING EXTRAORDINARY?
We are looking for relay teams of 12 (6 men and 6 women in each team) to compete in an inter-gym National Stretcher Relay Race that will include Virgin Gym, Pure Gym and CrossFit Gyms; in support of the We Remember Them campaign.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Each Gym may enter as many teams as they wish
- The cost of entry is £10.00 per team member
- After registration each team will receive:
- An MOD quality aluminium stretcher which will be posted to you
- x12 T-shirts (please tell us the sizes you want: S 34/36″ M 38″/40″ L 42″/44″ XL 46″/48″)
- An beautifully designed glass Poppy commemoration plaque
- We are asking each gym (not each team!) to raise £500 sponsorship in support of the campaign
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR TEAM:
Go to the dedicated Virgin Money Giving page for your gym here:
- Click on Donate and in the box Specify the Amount enter your £120 registration fee
- In the box Leave your name/nickname please identify your gym and team name
- Make sure people sponsoring your gym follow the same process – they must identify your gym in the box Leave your name/nickname
RELAY RACE RULES:
- Measure out 100 metres on a stretch of land or field, or use a 100m running track
- Put a marker down at each end – each member of the team must pass the marker at either end before starting the next lap
- Each stretcher must be loaded with 100kg of plate weights (4 X 25kg weights)
- No modification of the stretcher is allowed (no wheels attached!)
- A minimum of 2 women must be carrying the stretcher during any one single lap
- When not carrying the stretcher the remainder of the team must run with the stretcher for all 100 laps (i.e. everyone runs or carries the stretcher together for all 100x100M laps)
- How often you change carriers, or the number of carriers on the stretcher per lap (4, 6 or 8) is entirely down to your strategy
- How you carry the stretcher (shoulders or hip height) is your decision
- Some means of verifying the number of laps completed is required – we recommend a Strava-type app
- Please record your relay race using Hyperlaps or Timelapse (or equivalent)
- Once completed, send your time to Deane@werememberthem.org.uk and we will post it on the National Leaderboard
- Each team can race multiple times to try and better their times as often as they wish – but your final time must be submitted to us by September 30th 2018
FOR THE FASTEST TEAMS:
- In October we hope to invite the fastest teams from each gym to compete in a LIVE NATIONAL FINAL – venue and logistics to be confirmed
- The overall winning team will win a photoshoot with an award-winning sports photographer and a specially designed trophy
For information or clarification EMAIL US or phone: 07738293979
Thank you for participating and enjoy your Extraordinary Challenge!
join the mailing list!
Sign up now for the latest updates about the We Remember Them campaign.
We promise not to spam your inbox but only e-mail you with with the latest news.
Connect with us on social media for more frequent updates!
Has this challenge inspired you?
Please join us and do something extraordinary. If you need some inspiration we have lots of ideas for challenges. Follow the link below...